Throughout Term One, Year 3 homework will focus on three important skills: reading at home, learning times tables and spelling.
- Reading together at home. 10 minutes (or more!) of daily reading. This could be Bug Club or any book from home. Don’t forget to date the bookmark for Headteacher’s Awards once it is completed.
- Times tables Rock Stars! Login each week to practice times tables and commit them to memory. Let us know if you need your login details again.
- Spellings to learn - 10 commonly used words to learn/review plus 5 optional challenge words to learn. There will be a spelling quiz at school every Friday.
We will monitor and celebrate homework with children at school by…
- Monitoring Bug Club
- Sharing and celebrating reading bookmarks when they are completed
- Adapting and tracking Times Tables Rock Stars
- Weekly spelling quiz on a Friday at school
- Talking about our homework achievements together at school!