Our Vision and Aims
"Everyone here has an active and valued part to play in creating a caring and stimulating school where each of us has pride in our achievements”.
Governors, parents and members of staff drew up the School Vision following extensive discussion:
Aims of the school
- To inspire and develop pupils to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world; to develop future citizens who are able to cope with change and take a useful, satisfying and personally successful place in society.
- To work as a whole school community to maintain high standards of behaviour and respect within and outside school.
- To care for and develop the whole child to lead a healthy lifestyle, emotionally, physically and spiritually.
- To continue to create a welcoming, caring and safe school community in which all pupils and staff are valued as individuals of equal value.
- To develop an appreciation of Christian beliefs, practices and values. To respect and be sensitive to other people’s beliefs, faiths and cultures.
- To provide a rich and stimulating curriculum, creating curiosity with a range of opportunities to empower pupils to achieve excellent standards and become life long learners.
- To work in partnership between school, parents, governors, church and community to create genuine pride in ourselves and school.
- To maximize the potential for indoor and outdoor learning environments, and use them creatively in our curriculum.
- To care for our environment through our curriculum and practices, to teach respect for our world and care for its future and to appreciate the basic independence of all peoples.
- To encourage an awareness of aesthetic values.