Welcome to Bristol Whitebeam and Beech class
Black History Month
As part of Black History Month we looked at the amazing art of Lorna Simpson. She is an American artist who is well known for photo collages. We were inspired to create our own pictures using our own portraits. Here are a few of the pieces of art that we created.
Alive, Once Alive, Never Alive
In science Year 2 have been learning the characteristics of Alive, Once Alive & Never Alive. We searched our school grounds to locate objects for each category.
We checked to see if the objects were able to:
- move – a flower will open up towards sunlight
- make more of their own species – humans and other animals have babies, birds will lay eggs
- respond to the place they are in – if a plant is in a dark place, it will try to grow towards the light
- feed – animals will eat food, plants will suck up goodness from soil
- get rid of waste – like when humans go to the toilet
- need oxygen
We could see the moon and had a really interesting conversation about which category it should be in. Which category do you think it should be in? Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Parent Information Presentation
Please scroll through this presentation which contains lots of useful information about Year 2.
We have just renamed our classes, as our logo is a tree we have all chosen tree names.
In Year 2 we are Bristol Whitebeam and Beech classes. Here is a PowerPoint telling you about our trees.