The Governing Body is responsible for the overall management of all that takes place in school.
They work closely with the head teacher and staff to develop plans and policies to ensure that the school complies with legal requirements and is continually striving to improve in all areas.
The Governing Body comprises 15 members, including the head teacher; they meet at least 4 times during each school year.
There are three committees: Finance, Premises and Staffing ("FPS"); Standards; Pastoral.
- The FPS Committee deals with all financial matters, premises, health and safety and staffing issues.
- They meet every term (4 times during each school year). The Standards Committee meets 3 times a year to oversee all issues concerning curriculum, data, target setting and school improvement.
- The Pastoral committee take the lead on the health, safety and well-being of pupils and staff, promoting community cohesion and ensuring inclusion for all, regardless of race, gender or disability. They meet 3 times during the school year.
Governors are elected or appointed by different groups within the school community to represent all those involved or who have an interest in the school, depending on the category of governor. All governors serve a four year term of office, although they can apply to be re-elected or re-appointed after this time.
Below are the details of the Governing Body, their responsibilities and committees they attend.
The Headteacher and Chair of Governors can choose to attend any of the committee meetings as they feel necessary.
Chair of Governors
Mrs Karen Dunmall
- Yvette Kydd
- Marc Tite
Parent governors are elected by parents or guardians of pupils of the school:
- Marc Tite - Chair of Finance Committee
- Lucy Foster - Pastoral
- Jenni O'Connor - Standards
- Anna Godley - Finance & link Governor for Children in Care
- Ruth Bartlett - Safeguarding
Foundation governors are appointed by the Diocese of Bristol:
- Karen Dunmall - Chair of Governors, Finance & Premises, Standards, Child Protection
- Joanne Marsh - Chair of Pastoral Committee
- Rev Canon David McGladdery - Pastoral
Co-opted governors are appointed by the Governing Body for particular skills and expertise:
- Clare Duggan - Deputy Head
- Karen White - Finance & Premises, Health and Safety
- Isla Johnson - Standards
Staff governors are elected by staff of the school:
- Rae Harris - Head Teacher, Finance & Premises, Standards, Pastoral
- Sharon Simmonds - Standards, Pastoral
Local Authority governors are appointed by the Local Authority:
Yvette Kydd - Chair of Standards, Finance & Premises, Pastoral
Clerk to Governors
Register of Governors’ Interests
The current members of the governing body have no pecuniary interests to declare, nor any relationships to school staff.
Governor Attendance at meetings
Governors who have resigned within the last 12 months:
- Jo Willis - July 2021
- Ian Harvey - July 2021
- Jenny Taylor - July 2021
Minutes of Meetings:
- FGB Minutes 16th September 2021
- Minutes of Meeting FGB 11th Feb 21
- Minutes of Meeting FGB 21st May 2020
- Minutes of Meeting FGB 13th February 2020
- Minutes of Meeting Full Governing Body - 24 October 2019
- Minutes of Meeting FGB - 8 July 2019
- Minutes of Meeting FGB - 23 May 2019
- Minutes of Meeting FGB - 24 January 2019
- Minutes of Meeting FGB - 27 September 2018
- Minutes of Meeting FGB - 17 July 2018
- Minutes of Meeting FGB - 24 May 18
- Governor Mins of Mtg - 25 Jan 18 FGB
- Governor Mins of Mtg - 28 Sep17 FGB
- Governor Mins of Mtg - 7 Jul 17 FGB
- Governor Mins of Mtg - 25 May 17 FGB
- Governor Mins of Mtg - 26 Jan 17 FGB
- Governor Mins of Mtg 22 September 2016 FGB